Yesterday, I shared our Modern Black, White & Chevron Halloween Party with you. Today I have a little Halloween freebie for you from the collection along with a fun tutorial that you can also view on Hostess with the Mostess. When it came time to create favors for the party, I wanted something that was creative and one that could be enjoyed by children and adults alike. I decided to create Halloween Crackers that can be filled with your favorite Halloween candy or healthy snacks. Read on for step-by-step instructions + the free printable: "Happy Halloween" tags below!
Halloween Crackers - A DIY Tutorial
- Crepe or Tissue Paper
- Colored or Patterned Paper
- Scallop Scissors (optional)
- Ribbon and/or twine
- Clear Tape
- Candy Rolls (Lifesavers), Candy Wafers, Crackers etc.
- Free Printable Happy Halloween Tags (Click here to download)
1. Cut crepe or tissue paper to 8 x 10 inches in size.
2. Take your roll of candy (or equivalent) and place onto 2 pieces of your cut crepe/tissue paper.
3. Roll paper around and tape to keep in place.
4. Tie ends with ribbon or twine.
5. Cut a piece of paper to desired width to place in the middle of your roll.
6. Cut each side of the paper using your scallop scissors to create a pretty edge.
7. Roll paper around and tape to keep in place.
8. Tape a Happy Halloween tag on top for the perfect touch.