Monday, December 20, 2010

Decoupage Ornaments

Photobucket

When the girls were born, my sister in law Michelle had the most creative gifts made for us. They are decoupage ornaments designed from their birth announcements. I love them SO much that I display them year round on our fireplace mantel for everyone to see and this way we can enjoy them all the time. I placed my own order a few years ago. Going forward, I order an ornament each year made from the previous year's Christmas card. We received this year's order a few days ago. Orders are due in the summer so it has been a long wait to see the final product.
The beautiful decoupage ornaments are created by Betty Houston of BVH Keepsake Decoupage Ornaments.

Photobucket

I was thrilled with how amazing this year's ornament turned out of the girls!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Such detail and intricate work!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Betty's Decoupage Christmas Ornaments start out with just plain ole Styrofoam balls.
This is the "prep' stage which starts out with initial sanding of each one, and now 5-7 coats of base paint (sanding in-between) goes on to make the balls as smooth as possible before putting on 3 coats of gold paint, making them ready for decoupage of 12-15 coats of varnish.


The final product. Just beautiful! A beautiful keepsake for years to come.

Some of a former year's finished products: The Ornaments.......and Betty!


Is the Library "Show Room" for all finished ornaments before home pick-up and UPS shipments.
(Not shown is the table full on the other side of the room.)


Betty estimated that by 2009 she made 6,500 ornaments since she first created them for my booth at the Charlotte Christmas Show in 1971.

If you would be interested in ordering a decoupage ornament, please contact Betty at bvh-art@earthlink.net and mention that anna and blue paperie sent you.

4 comments:

  1. These are so special! How do I find BVH to make some ornaments for me? I don't see a link.
    --Lauren
    laurena@macaronikid.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a quick Google search and didn't come up with any results either. I LOVE this idea and would love her contact info too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just updated the post with Betty's contact info. Her email is bvh-art@earthlink.net. Please let her know that Stefanie from anna and blue paperie sent you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have just contacted Betty, these are just gorgeous, thank you for sharing
    Chriss @ Petit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover