Tuesday, July 5, 2011

{New to the Shop} French Picnic Collection


A couple of months ago, my friend Melissa at Oh Fiddlesticks contacted me to see if I would be interested to help style the set for a photo shoot with Dorean Pope Photography for the upcoming release of her new summer line.  When Melissa mentioned the theme for the shoot, "French Picnic", I knew this would be such a fun project to work on.


Melissa mentioned that her color palette consisted of a light pink, chartreuse green, cream and black with a simple, vintage French feel for her designs.  I incorporated a matching color scheme along with stripes and polka dot patterns for the printable collection.


The invitation is designed to look like a passport with soft pink and white stripes along with an Eiffel Tower. I placed it in a fun black picture frame that I found at Hobby Lobby.

After I started working on a few printable designs for the shoot, I was having so much fun with the theme and decided to create an entire printable collection.  I am SO excited to finally share all of the beautiful photos captured by Dorean. Everything turned out perfectly.  Although we were working on a hot Texas summer afternoon, we had an fantastic time! 


Melissa and I met one afternoon at a Starbuck's to come up with some ideas.  I found some "French" themed props at local stores that I thought would be fun to incorporate for the shoot.  I loaded my SUV with them along with lots of items that matched the color palette. Between Melissa and I’s home decor, props, pillows, and more….everything truly came together just beautifully!

I created a matching party sign and placed it in a frame and added a soft pink ribbon tied in a bow on the top.  I stacked brown craft boxes and tied them with a black satin bow and added a party tag from the printable collection for the perfect touch.

Charlotte's adorable head band is by Vintage Rose Wraps.


 I found the adorable birdie place cards holders at Hobby Lobby.  They matched perfectly with the theme and patterns!

My sweet Annabelle was one of the models for the shoot and did such an amazing job along with the other adorable models.  We absolutely adore the fabulous tank that Melissa made. 

Annabelle's cute skirt is by Laken and Lila and her chic hair accessory is by Jack N Molly.

The front of the tee has an Eiffel tower with a little pink and white striped flag with her nickname hand-stamped on it.  The back of the tank had the words "Ooh la la" hand-stamped on it.  How cute is that?


Since we were working outside in the hot sun, desserts would have melted.  I used donut holes instead and added toppers to them!  No baking required!  Voila!

 
Aubrey's fabulous tutu is by Jack N Molly.

I found sticks with ribbons attached at Michaels that matched the color palette and added one of the party signs to it for a fun and pretty party wand.

The girls sipped on pink lemonade during the shoot.  Fancy pink polka dot straws were from Brilliant Bash.


I had the best time working alongside Melissa and Dore.  They were such a pleasure to work with.  I adore their beautiful work and was honored to be a part of this project!


The "French Picnic" printable collection includes:

1.  Invitation
2.  Pennant Banner
3. Wrappers
4.  Blank Gift Tags/Labels (4 designs)
5.  Blank Tents/place cards (4 designs)
6.  2 Inch Party Decor
7.  2 Inch Favor Tags
8. 2 inch Party Decor
9.  Cake Toppers/table decor
10.  Party Sign

Text can be customized. Please email me for info.

The "French Picnic” printable collection is currently on sale for 50% off in my etsy shop HERE until July 15th

Vendors and Collaborators:

French Picnic tanks - Oh Fiddlesticks
Tutus and hair accessories - Jack N Molly
Head bands - Vintage Rose Wraps
Fancy Straws - Brilliant Bash

1 comment:

  1. Lovely party...the colors...I adore and the styling! Love this printable set!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover